Reid Health Foundation
Our History Fact Sheet
- Reid Hospital & Health Care Services Foundation, Inc, d.b.a. Reid Health Foundation was incorporated as a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization in 1975.
- The Foundation was organized solely to support the activities of Reid Health.
- The Foundation derives its support and revenue from individual and corporate contributions and investments.
- On average, Reid Foundation receipts 3,000 gifts annually, responding to each donor with a personalized thank you letter.
- In its 47 years of existence, Reid Health Foundation's activity has included (approximate figures):
- Individual gifts received 98,611
- Total contributions $33.17 million
- Total grants to Reid Health $86.3 million
- Current Foundation assets have grown by investment to approximately $21.87 million.
- In 2005 the Foundation launched a capital campaign to raise money in support of the New Reid. The campaign generated $6.8 million in gifts and pledges.
- The Foundation particularly cultivates and welcomes planned gifts, including:
- Irrevocable Testamentary Pledges
- Charitable-Remainder Trusts
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Gifts of Life Insurance
- Characteristics of Planned Gifts benefiting Reid:
- Have sometimes come from truly affluent persons, but quite a number of Reid's most generous supporters do not see themselves as wealthy.
- Have involved a broad spectrum of area attorneys, accountants, financial planners and trust officers in the planning and drafting process.
- Operates with a (broadly representative) twenty-one member Board of Directors and a 3.0 FTE staff.